There are some confusions and wrong information on social media over the date of birth to the name of parents of Guru Ravidas. It is not the fault of Dalits but those who made fake claims and wrote a fake history about different aspects of Guru Ravidas and distorted the history. Even Wikipedia, mostly controlled by so-called upper castes in India, mentions wrong dates and information about Guru Ravidas.
As per the religious book called “Amritbani Satguru Ravidass Maharaj” of Ravidassia religion, the following information should be used when describing important facts relating to the life of Satguru Ravidas. Any distortion or deviation from these facts is utter lie and should not be taken seriously.
The religious book called “Amritbani Satguru Ravidass Maharaj” was complied by Dera Sach Khand Ballan, Jalandhar, the religious body governing Ravidassia religion.
The formation of new Ravidassia Religion was announced at a mammoth gathering held on the auspicious occasion of the 633rd anniversary (30 January 2010) of Satguru Ravidass, at Seer Goverdhanpur, Varanasi. In this congregation, the Amritbani of Guru Ravidass was declared the religious Granth of the newly formed Ravidassia Religion.
Some Important Facts Relating To The Life Of Satguru Ravidass Maharaj
Date of Birth: the Year 1377 A.D. (Magh Sudi 15, Bikrami Samvat 1433)
Birthplace: Seer Goverdhanpur, Banaras (Varanasi), U. P. – India
Name of father: Shri Santokh Dass
Name of mother: Shrimati Kalsi Devi
Name of grandfather: Shri Kalu Ram
Name of the grandmother: Shrimati Lakhpati
Name of wife: Shrimati Lona
Name of the son: Shri Vijay Dass
Date of Brahmleen (Salvation): Sangrand of the month of Harh, Bikrami Samvat 1584, (1528 A. D.)
Place of Brahmleen (Salvation): Banaras (Varanasi)
Principles of Ravidassia Religion
1. Our Guru: Satguru Ravidass Maharaj
2. Our Religion: Ravidassia
3. Our Religious Granth: Amritbani Satguru Ravidass Maharaj
4. Our Religious Symbol :
5. Our Salutation: Jai Gurudev
6. Our ultimate place Sri Guru Ravidass Janam of Pilgrimage: Asthan Mandir, Seer Goverdhanpur, Varanasi (U.P.) – India
7. Our objectives:
- To propagate the Bani and teachings of Satguru Ravidass. Besides the teachings and thoughts of Maharishi Bhagwan Balmik, Satguru Namdev, Satguru Kabir, Satguru Trilochan, Satguru Sain and Satguru Sadna would also be propagated.
- To respect all religions, love mankind and lead a virtuous life.